Tuesday, March 5, 2013

#17: Make your own product

After my ugly sweater challenge was thwarted by minions of the Dark Lord, I decided to leave this challenge fairly open today.

Any true, tree hugging, non-consumerist hipster knows how to get by with the contents of their kitchen garden and the organic/free range/fair trade contents of their pantry. They can make anything from face wash to pilaf with a few simple household ingredients (as in 'hard to find, expensive and from a boutique health food store). So stuff it, today I was going to make my own product - something I would usually buy during my weekly shop at Superstore.

I looked high and low online, and clicked on the first link that came up under my Google search of "How to make your own body scrub" and got this link.

So I made this:


Ingredients:
1C Organic Certified Fair Trade Coffee Grounds
1/4 C Sugar
2 Tbs Olive Oil

Recipie:
Mix ingredients together, adding oil last. Scrub on body.

Awesome sauce!

Note to self: This is one of the plastic containers left over from my Recycling challenge that I decided to re-use instead of throwing out. Cue self-congratulatory pat on the back!

And, for this evening's entertainment:

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful." - Scott Westerfeld, Uglies

No comments:

Post a Comment