Saturday, March 9, 2013

#20 & #21: Eat Sushi and Tofu



Well folks it's that time of year again. Mother Nature has decided to mess with us all by forcing us to change our clocks again. I'm sure she looked great this morning when she got up. Me? Bleary eyed I stumbled into church wearing a crumpled sweater and jeans that I'm pretty sure are on day 4. Hot mess. Add to that a marathon week of rehearsals, takeout was in order.

Ironic living is the staple of any hipster diet. Given that sushi was once considered an acquired taste, and new there seems to be a sushi shop in every town in the country it is both fitting and ironic that I, your favourite hipster, would make my own sushi. I looked online to make sure we had all the right ingredients (we do) and then remembered one thing…

Making sushi is ridiculously time consuming.

Thus I faced my ethical dilemma head on. My stomach was literally eating itself, so I needed food fast. Calling for takeout would inevitably result in tears. Between my accent and the Korean shop owner, our conversation would consist of English only slightly better than Beaker from the Muppet's. Not an option for a fatigued and famished hipster me.

Dear hubby came to my rescue. Not only did he order and pick up the sushi, but he made miso soup with tofu. Two birds with one stone; Boo ya! 

"Some people skip through life; some people are dragged through it. I sometimes wonder if we are moving through time, or if time is moving through us." - Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment