Thursday, March 21, 2013

#26: Write someone a real letter


We found this little gem at school, with a note saying we could borrow it as a prop for our musical. So to our generous benefactor, thank-you!

This also presented me with a wonderful opportunity to try writing, nay, typing someone a real letter. After inking up my hands something chronic, only to then realize some of the typebars were jammed, I admitted defeat and went the really old fashioned way. Ok, so not quite quill and ink pot old, but I put pen to paper.


I wrote this letter to my son:

Dear Gryffin,

I love you. The moment I found out I was expecting you, I started praying for you, and the type of person you would be. You, my love, have surpassed all those wishes and expectations.

The way you look at me and smile, your laugh, the way your face lights up when I walk in the room; your joy is infectious. You make me believe that anything is possible, and that I am capable of anything. You challenge me and inspire me. You make me want to be a better person everyday. It amazes me how, even at age two, you are a natural leader. You make friends quickly, are empathetic and caring, yet bold and adventurous. I know that no matter what you do in life, who you are will make all the difference. And who you are is amazing.

I know that sometimes I will disappoint you. I might miss an important game, or forget a promise I made but I want you to know that not matter what, you are my son, and I am your mom. I love you, and nothing will ever change that.

Keep smiling and dreaming,

Love Mommy XoX

I've kept it for now, but someday in the future I'll post it off to him - whether he is backpacking through Europe or living across the street - just because.


No comments:

Post a Comment