Monday, March 18, 2013

#23: Wear something vintage

This was a tough one.

Ok, so get this. Once upon a time, women had curves. We're talking teeny tiny waists and 'Look-out-or-you'll-lose-an-eye' boobs and hips. To conclude, women 60 years ago could be summed up in 2 words. HOT. STUFF.

Flash forward to today. I'm looking around online, in the thrift store, in my MIL's basement, and I'm finding plenty of awesome vintagy clothes I would love to wear. Can I afford them? Hahaha, ooooh funny. But no. Can I wear them. Hmmm, maybe if I stuff my bra AND get a tummy tuck. So no. Add to that my bootylicious thighs with my long waist and I'm what some fashionistas would call a genetic 'hot mess'.

And then.... I found her. Shining like the beacon of hope she is, I had some help built in to the front, with some room to move in the hips. Shop Ruche, how I love thee. Due to the fact that I'm a bit technologically challenged at the best of times, I couldn't upload it from the website, but feel free to see the pin here (cough, shameless self promotion, cough).

http://www.pinterest.com/emmadyck/shop-ruche/

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment