Friday, March 22, 2013

#27: Play a ukelele


Well our school musical is all over, and now clean up begins. But not before we celebrate in style. And style in this town means a pizza party, cake and pop, and doing impersonations of famous people until 2am. Good. Clean. Fun.

So as part of the night's amusements, I played air ukelele (I had left our one at home, as I second guessed myself about bringing it along, and then forgot it) and created a mash up of some of my favourite tunes. Photo's were taken, perhaps even a video, but these shall necer see the light of day. This is me singing afterall, and we do want people to retain their hearing.

Here's the lyrics for you:

"Well you've undone me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill, but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
The Uke
And now I'm trying to get back

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short                                  

This is out fate
I'm yours!

Hey soul sister

Ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
Hey sould sister I don't want to miss a single thing you do.....

Tonight
we are young
So let's set the world on fire!
We can burn brighter!
Than the sun......

Tonight."

Thanks Jason Mraz, Train and Fun for their awesome songs that can easily be manipulated into a similar key because my audience is tired an cannot hear the difference!

"Ah, music! A magic far beyond all we do here!"

- J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment