Monday, March 18, 2013

#24: Eat something gluten free

"Mrs. D, I have something for you!"

Word got out about my blog at school. Possibly by me. Regardless, I go tmy first free gift to help me with my project.

A gluten free cupcake.

Like I said in earlier posts, I have hipster students, and all in varying degrees. This girl is gluten free. I also have a vegan student, students with sock buns and iPhones, students who listen to music on vinyl... the list goes on.

It wasn't bad. A good friend of mine asked if it tasted like brown. No, not really. But I'm not sure I would go as far as making a batch myself. I have no idea where a health food store is in my town, and even if I did I shudder to think about what 1kg of gluten free flour might cost me.

Mmmmmm.... chocolaty looking blandness
Final thoughts:

"I'm not really sure which parts of myself are real and which parts are things I've gotten from books." - Beatrice Sparks, Go Ask Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment